Yesterday I learned my sister's cat, Saffy, had passed away. This is a picture of me reading War and Peace to Saffy in 2009. Here she is in 2012: And in February 2020: That's a month before I left the U.S. Saffy was named after a character on Absolutely Fabulous and was a feisty kitten. Here she is when she was a new kitten, thirteen years ago: Here she is a little more subdued, a year later: She always had that fire in her eyes, though. Saffy was an intense, lovely little beast. I'll miss her. Twitter Sonnet #1638 A giddy zombie swipes intruders' rings. A special prize was lost beneath the ham. Again, the gang of pretty slayers sings. A flood of hearts repressed behind a dam. A hail of rocks deters the av'rage rake. Committed dogs remain athwart the bird. Approaching rats're only partly baked. A sterile place awaits the signal word. The fog resembles hands above the bay. A crowded boat delivers skin to fish. Another hood disrupts the sailor's way. A crumpled five convinced a dreamy dish. A friendly shadow watched for sev'ral years. But now the cat departs as morning nears.