|August 10th, 2002|
I've splurged. A bit.
I bought a twelve pack of cherry coke. I couldn’t help it--this place has been sadly lacking in cold beverages for so long, and I don't believe I've ever seen cherry coke in twelve pack before. They seem to be pushing cherry coke right alongside vanilla coke, which is good with me.
1) Turned in a job application at Victoria's Secret.
2) Met a lady bug at Burger King, sitting across from me while I was eating my BK Veggie. When I finished eating, I scooped the little thing up gently in one hand, carried it outside and, after a bit of difficulty (those things really grip your hand), set it free in a bush. I was reminded of rescuing a lady bug from a pool when I was about five years old. I remember my mum informing me that the bug was now in love with me because I had rescued her.
3) Had a brief telephone conversation with Trisa where she informed me that my company was not currently required or desired, due to the presence of her friend Vickie. A conversation that left me feeling a tad asphyxiated.
4) My friend sent me more very nice pictures of herself nude, and, later, at the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf as I eyed a couple of pretty Chinese girls, I belatedly fully reconciled within myself the difference between having feelings for a girl, and loving the appearance of a female body. Something that, as a passionate lover of beauty, I've always had a bit of difficulty with. The air was exceptionally thick with the scent of tea.
Now I suppose I ought to eat something.
To-day thus far I have ingested;
1) A banana/blueberry/rice milk smoothie.
2) A BK Veggie, with medium onion rings and a small coke.
3) A grande latté.
4) A glass of rice milk.
5) A small coffee.
6) A can of cherry coke.
Now. What next?
Current Music: Tom Waits - The Heart of Saturday Night
. . . I ate two burritos. They put me in a more pleasant mood, even though they stayed a little cold in the centre.
I've been meaning to mention here the strange series of dreams I've been having lately about my deceased grandfather.
I keep seeing him about the house as if he had never died. The other night, I dreamt I mentioned the incongruity of his presence of late with his state of mortality. I mentioned, like, "Remember that one time where he said . . ." yadda yadda yadda, ". . . ? Well, that was after his death, you know,"
I see him just going about routine tasks like nothing's up. Actually, he seems a bit happier than I remember him being.
Current Music: Cranes - Even When
I recall dreaming three dreams last night;
1) I was an adventurer in a medieval fantasy world, much like Middle-Earth. I had an assorted crew of companions, and we were on a quest for the fate of the world. The primary difference from Lord of the Rings or similar fantasy/adventure stories, was that we knew from the outset, deep in our hearts and plainly in our conscious minds, that we were doomed to failure and that this great evil was going to kill us all. And he eventually did--he was a large man swathed in a black shadow that laughed as he killed each of us slowly, and everyone shed lots of tears.
2) I was out really, really late and I was beginning to feel tired. So I telephoned Winona Ryder. She gave me a secret code to use on her alarm system, but once I got inside her door, I couldn't remember the code. So the alarm was going off with tiny blinking red lights and sirens, and I was yelling, "Winona! WINONA!" but she wouldn't wake up. The irony hit me that I might be arrested for burglarising Winona Ryder.
3) I showed up at the home of Melora Creagor, the lead singer of Rasputina, who are an excellent band of cello-playing ladies. The place looked sort of like a cross between a Victorian mansion and a huge dusty warehouse filled with bizarre antiques and mannequins. The entry-room was separated by a huge black, wrought iron fence, with a gate, and I and another man were waiting on the entrance side of the fence, eyeing each other distrustfully. Finally, the gate opened a bit and I ran through, and slammed it shut before the other guy could get through. Then I used my bow and arrows to shoot at him from the other side, where he couldn't reach me. He ran about like a panicked animal as I shot at him.
This morning I added applesauce to my regular smoothie and I like it.
Current Music: Anne Sofie von Otter & Elvis Costello - I Want to Vanish
|Top of Page
||Powered by LiveJournal.com|