Here's a movie one from hernewshoes, who specifically tapped me and who, in doing so, referred to me as "one of the biggest film buffs [she] can think of." Which, coming from her, is really sort of an honour.
1) Total number of films I own on DVD/video: Well, I don't think I ought to bother trying to answer how many movies I have on tape. I'm not sure which of the store bought ones still work, and of what I've taped off television . . . Well, I can account for at least six hundred. Now, a rough count of DVDs, not including television shows . . . 96.
2) The last film I bought: I'm not sure . . . A couple of weeks ago, I bought a bunch of DVDs. I think probably the last thing was the Criterion edition of The Red Shoes. It's gorgeous--the transfer was even supervised by the film's original director of photography.
3) The last film I watched: Limelight, the 1952 Charlie Chaplin movie. I was a little uncomfortable watching something that was so sentimental and obviously autobiographical, yet it was still an interesting and thoughtful piece on giving one's life to art.
4) Five films that I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me:
Hmm. I seem to like movies that end with a sort of horrible prevention of resolution. The Misfits being the only exception . . .
5) Tag 5 people and have them put this in their journal: Hmm. I feel like I'm imposing with this one . . . If any of you decide not to do this, I won't be remotely offended. But; robyn_ma, grandmofhelsing, bloodlette, mellawyrden, greygirlbeast. And actually, I'd be interested in seeing this from any person on my friends list, really . . .