1) I have put iTunes on random and listed the first line of the first 25 songs that came up. 2) Your task: Guess the songs and the artists. No google-fu!!!
I've in some cases included subsequent lines because I felt like it.
(1) Further into the fog I fall.
(2) Aishiteta to nageku ni wa amari ni mo toki wa sugi te shimatta.
(3) You let me violate you. "Closer to God," Nine Inch Nails chris_walsh (who guessed "Closer", the original version of the song, but the first lyric is identical . . .)
(4) Tachi mukau saki ni kawaita kaze hageshiku fuki aretemo jumon no hitotsu mo tonaetanara watashi no PEESU ni naru.
(5) You can bring your dog.
(6) You look like you could do with a friend, she said. "Wendy Time," The Cure 3amthoughts
(7) Early one morning the sun was shining, I was layin' in bed wondering if she'd changed at all, if her hair was still red. Bob Dylan, "Tangled Up in Blue." sovay
(8) Got your hair all done up like a woman again. Got a feeling of gaze at the doorway again.
(9) I fell into the ocean when you became my wife. Tom Waits, "All the World is Green." sovay
(10) Well, the smart money's on Harlow and the moon is in the street. Tom Waits, "Time." sovay
(11) Woman, I can hardly express my mixed emotions at my thoughtlessness. Woman - John Lennon enigmakat
(12) I hope that our few remaining friends give up on trying to save us. The Mountain Goats, "No Children." sovay
(13) Just a minute of your time. Yes I've been known to delude myself so let me put those rose coloured glasses to the test.
(14) It's raining, it's pouring and you didn't bring a sweater. Nebraska'll never let you come back home.
(15) The death of a disco dancer. Well, it happens a lot 'round here and if you think Peace is a common goal that goes to show how little you know.
(16) On the day that Dennis Brown's lung collapsed, spring rain was misting down on Kingston. The Mountain Goats, "Song for Dennis Brown." sovay
(17) I'll make you a deal, like any other candidate. We'll pretend we're walking home 'cause your future's at stake. Candidate - David Bowie enigmakat
(18) When I was seventeen it was a very good year. Frank Sinatra, "It Was a Very Good Year" misalady
(19) Heard of a van that is loaded with weapons packed up and ready to go. Heard of some gravesites, out by the highway, a place where nobody knows. "Life During Wartime," Talking Heads chris_walsh
(20) Zankoku na tenshi no you ni shonen yo, shinwa ni nare.
(21) I'm leaving town. I'm so unhappy. Oh, baby Lester, I couldn't be less happy.
(22) I'm so glad you came, I'm so glad you remembered to see how we're ending our last dance together. Expectant, too punctual, but prettier than ever. "Last Dance," The Cure cucumberseed and greygirlbeast
(23) Ah, monstrous, sweet monsters. Who spawned thee chalk? God? Who Godded me? Who meed God?
(24) If the sun refused to shine, I don't know how, I don't mind. "If Six Was Nine" (Jimi Hendrix cover) Tori Amos chris_walsh (who was again just close enough)
(25) That one is poised to become a bride. She floats in the updrafts. Delayed. "Floats in the Updrafts" Black Tape For A Blue Girl sovay