Last night's tweets; Looks like another good layer of dust. Something else I have to find time to do. As meals, in soup I have placed lots of trust. You know, to-day, the fact is nothing's new. Yeah, I did pretty much nothing but work on my comic yesterday. I did watch a bunch of clips from Cannes of Inglourious Basterds on AICN-- this one 's my favourite so far, especially with Tarantino's introduction. I get a kick out of that guy's enthusiasm for his work. And, man, am I looking forward to this movie--from the impossible scar on Brad Pitt's throat to the fact that 90% of the move is dialogue and two thirds of the dialogue is apparently in French or German, everything I see and hear about this movie whets my appetite. It sounds like Inglourious Basterds is gloriously off the rails. Anyway, on the subject of upcoming movies, I meant to talk about the new trailer for Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes pastiche the other day; In a way, I actually kind of like that it so completely departs from the original works--I mean, anything that tried to do an honest adaptation would just make me feel depressed about the fact that Jeremy Brett is dead. Sherlock Holmes pastiches are a well worn tradition at this point, and I certainly enjoyed Young Sherlock Holmes , The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes , the Hammer Hound of the Baskervilles , and some of the Basil Rathbone films. I'm fully willing to entertain the idea this new movie might be fun. The only thing that really bugs me is the title--it's the same thing with the new Star Trek . It's like the studio conning people into accepting this as a replacement for everything that's come before--it's a phenomenon that seems related to short attention spans to me somehow. It'd be nice to enjoy a Guy Ritchie film again, now that he's escaped The Island of Madonna.