Last night I dreamt I was standing at the edge of a pool floating above Disneyland, and to my right, the water was emptying out in a waterfall. Infesting the mud and rocks on the pool's edge, under my feet, were burgundy coloured worms about the size of small garden snakes. They had little human-like arms and mouths filled with tiny, razor sharp teeth. They kept trying to attack my camera when I tried to take pictures of them. A large, bearded man in a cardboard Darth Vader costume showed up and chased me off the waterfall. At the bottom was Hunter S. Thompson and Walter from The Big Lebowski , looking over Thompson's wrecked car, which had six wheels. Thompson seemed most upset by the damage done to one of his hubcap decorations--each hubcap except the wrecked one had a purple velvet fez with an orange tassel. I think Walter was there because I'd watched The Big Lebowski again last night. That movie really is a masterpiece. I was reading on Wikipedia about how the Coens wanted a Raymond Chandler quality to the story (the plot bears a great resemblance to The Big Sleep ) because they wanted the protagonist to interact with a variety of different people in different environments--"We wanted to have a narrative flow, a story that moves like a Chandler book through different parts of town and different social classes." This certainly suits the Coens' remarkable ability at crafting characters. I love how every single character is ridiculous yet reflective of a deep insight into human nature. The Coens have a too rare tendency to avoid telling stories about good people and bad people, instead telling stories just about people.